Earlier today I found myself putting a lot of data into a workbook with multiple worksheets within it, what I wanted to do was create an individual Excel file for each of the worksheets – perhaps you have been in a position like this yourself?
The good news, it’s very easy to do. I came across the VBA script below and don’t take any credit for it – follow my short instructions below and you’ll find this is a very straight forward procedure. Note this is for Microsoft Excel and does not require any third party software.
- Create a new folder and save your master document in there.
- With the document open, name each sheet the name you’d like each file to be called.
- Once ready, hold the ALT key on your keyboard and press F11.
- On the Visual Basic window, select Insert > Module.
- Paste the VBA script shown below.
- Press the F5 key on your keyboard.
- Job done!