A couple of days back I was visiting a friend and he asked for some help geting his TomTom Start 20 to update. We initially diagnosed the USB cable was faulty but once having confirmed that was resolved the update kept failing with the error message; Our servers are very busy right now. Click Retry a few times until you are connected. If that doesn’t work, close MyDrive Connect and start it again.
So first I wanted to confirm this error message comes from the MyDrive Connect (MDC) application as TomTom have other applications – this one is specific to the MDC application. We’re also doing this on a Windows 10 system.
- First of all close down the MyDrive Connect application. Ensure there is no sign of it running on the taskbar or system tray.
- Open the Run dialog (Hold the Windows Key and Press R) enter %localappdata% into the box and press the OK button.
- Open the TomTom folder.
- Find the HOME3 folder and delete it completely, confirming any warnings.
- Restart your system.
- Restart the TomTom device by holding the power button until you hear the drum sounds, when you hear these you can release the power button.
- Open the MyDrive Connect application and try the update again.
We had a success at this stage and I hope you do too, if this isn’t the case please ensure you’ve done each step as described above.
Did you try it and have a success or failure? Please let me know by commenting below.