This post will show you how to extract recordings from your Sky Digibox and use them on your computer. Following this, you can upload the videos to YouTube, Mobile Phone, iPad, iPod, Etc.
I’ve created a video of the process that can be found at the bottom of this post.
Firstly, you can only extract recordings from Free-to-air channels and not Free-to-view or Subscription channels. The guide below can be used for any Sky box at this time, the video shows the hard drive being removed from a Samsung Sky+ HD box – the removal process will differ for different boxes.
What you’ll require…
Sky Digital Set Top Box.
Philips screwdriver, I used a 1x75mm one perfectly.
SATA > USB Interface (I use a docking station, you can use an enclosure … It’s IDE for older boxes!)
- First of all, disconnect all connections from the Sky box.
- Open the case and remove the internal HDD.
- Download the two softwares above, and extract for use.
- Connect the HDD to your PC and allow for it to be detected by Windows.
- Launch +Extract.
- The recordings will show, check the box for those to extract.
- On the right hand side, select the folder to extract to.
- Click on File, then Extract Selected Recordings.
- The files will be extracted to your selected folder. Launch Project X.
- Click File and Add, select one of the files you extracted.
- Click Prepare and select M2P.
- Select the Play/Pause button. Conversion will begin and you’ll be left with a playable file.
- For further format support… you can convert with Handbrake.