If you use Google Mail (Gmail) with your iPhone you may have the option selected to synchronize your notes along with your mail and calendar. When logged into the online Gmail interface you can then select the ‘Notes’ label and your iPhone notes will show there.
If you are like me, you may also use your Gmail account with other clients on your computer, previouslly I used with Microsoft Outlook and it worked very well. However when I switched full time to using the Mail app on my Mac I noticed by default that Mail will display your sync’d iPhone notes in your inbox – this was a pain for me and luckily it’s a feature that can easily be disabled.
The steps to stop this are below, and a video demonstrating this has also been provided. If you have multiple Gmail accounts you can disable this for some but not all if you wish.
- Open the Mail application.
- Select the Mail menu and then Preferences.
- Select the Accounts tab, and then your Gmail account on the left.
- Click on Mailbox Behaviours.
- Untick the option for ‘Show notes in inbox‘.
- Close the window, and then click the Save button.
- Job done!