It’s hot topic at the moment, Plusnet customers with the Thomson TG585v8 modem/router are having a nightmare gaming online with their PS3 and Xbox 360 consoles. The short steps that I’ve posted here will help you quickly correct this.
A common complaint is when playing games such as Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 – the NAT Type is always Strict. These steps will change this to Open.
The steps here are for a computer running Windows 7, the initial task is to install the Telnet Client – once Telnet is installed we will use this to reconfigure the modem/router.
Install the Telnet Client
- Click the Start button and search/select “Programs and Features”.
- On the left, click “Turn windows features on/off”.
- Check the box next to “Telnet Client”.
- Click on OK and allow for Windows to install the tool.
Reconfigure the modem/router
- Hold the windows key on the keyboard, and press “R”.
- When the run dialogue is displayed, key the text below and click “OK”.
- telnet 192.168.1.254
- When asked for a username, enter “admin“.
- When asked for the password, enter your set password or the serial number starting “CP…“.
- Next, enter the commands showing below – press enter after each entry.
:connection bind application=CONE(UDP) port=69
:connection bind application=CONE(UDP) port=3074
:connection bind application=CONE(UDP) port=3478-3479
:connection bind application=CONE(UDP) port=88
Once done the above, reboot the console if it is on and retry.